Sunday, January 20, 2008

What I love about creating jewelry is that the elements I use have a life of their own.

I sit at my designer table with several gauges of sterling silver wire and my artist pad. My "Apad" contains the drawing of the design I want to create. As I start to wrap and twist the wire it begins to take a life of its own. Many times what I drew on my "Apad" is not even close to what life the wire takes as the end result.

I'm sure many artists, sculptors and other jewelry designers would have to agree, right?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a more of a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal!! I may string something & restring it multiple times to get it just so. I am just getting into the wire wrapping. Hate to mess up, silver is too expensive!!
Cute earrings.....remind me of dream catchers.